Daisypath Wedding tickers

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Equality should be for all

So regarding the whole issue with the Miss USA pageant. Let me just say, I can't believe what Miss California said. She definitely has the rights to her own opinions and freedom of speech don't get me wrong, but if you are trying to represent a country that is dealing with such a hot topic as Gay marriage.. come up with a better answer.

I'm sorry but growing up in a conservative church you are taught gays are wrong and it's a choice they make that is a bad choice and blah, blah, blah. Well let me tell you I have a gay friend that I have had numerous talks with concerning Gay marriage, and being gay. He has cried to me and said if I had a choice I would not be gay. His own family, friends and even school have badgered him. It's not a choice, it's a part who they are. And you know what? He is one of the most amazing people that I know. He overcame judgments and now is president of his University, and will be graduating in a month.

I also have an uncle that is gay and is the biggest sweetheart. I definitely think that civil marriage should be granted for all.

I just read an article that also stated that two young boys, in different states, killed themselves because so many kids at school and even their parents constantly teased them about being gay. I would rather love and except everyone then have people patronized to the point they would rather end their life, because of who they are. If I were to have a child and he/she ended up being gay you know what that's ok. Everything happens for a reason and God loves everyone no matter what.

No comments:

PitaPata Dog tickers

Marty Moo

PitaPata Dog tickers