
This is my second week at work and I have loved it. I love how every day is different and you meet so many clients and different pets. Yesterday was an especially different day. Around lunch time 3 guys come running in with a bulldog. The bulldog was blue not breathing and looked like he was dead. The idiot guy thought it was a brilliant idea to take Tank(the bulldog) for a run in the 110 degree weather. Bulldogs can't breathe as it is and to take for a run? HEllO Genius!
So Tank was in awful condition. His temperature was 109. Dog's regular temp should be around 101-102. When it reaches 109, dogs can have brain damage and organ failure. It was a little scary to have everyone running around, trying to get iv's, set up oxgyen, get ice packs and seeing the doctors trying to save this poor guy. I was ok for a little bit then I had to step away and couldn't help but cry. Tank had his pads on his feet all burnt off and was nearly dead, due to some guy's lack of common sense. It was really sad. I don't think there was one person in the hospital that day that didn't cry.
The doctors were able to bring his temperature down and got him to start breathing again, but Tank had to be later transferred to an emergency animal hospital. They didn't think he would make it, but hopefully some miracle happened and he survived. The one thing that sucks with this job is that there are going to be dogs in pain and you can only do so much.
As a heads up to everyone with dogs in Arizona: If you can't go outside and walk on the cement with bare feet, neither can your dog!! Keep your dog inside and let out for short periods of time. You wouldn't want to be left outside all day so neither should they.




2 comments:
we had our bulldog roxy, so this seriously hearts my heart! sad sad story. my heart breaks for him. i hope he made it.
your job will have these, but i'm sure you'll also have tons of fun and lovable experiences too that will make it all worth it!
I think I remember Roxy, you had her in middle school right? Yeah, it was a sad day. I'm hoping that there will be more lovable experiences than sad ones :)
Post a Comment