So today I was driving home on my lunch break when I'm driving down the usual road and a doberman is running a full sprint in the middle of the road next to me and about 20 other cars. He was running right into oncoming traffic. I drove past him and thought what am I doing??? TURN AROUND DUH!!
Luckily no cars were coming the other way and I did a quick U-turn and pulled over. There wasn't much of a side lane to pull over in so I'm basically in the street. Oh well. I rolled down my window and whistled and yelled over to the dog hoping he would come to me. Luckily the big goofy dog came prancing on over to me. He had tags! YAY! He also had two numbers on them. YAY!
I was seriously shaking at this point. I don't know why, I guess I was freaking out that this dog could have just gotten killed, I've rescued him, now hopefully I can get him to his home.
I got out of car and opened the back door for the poor guy and he just hopped right in. I pulled over around the corner and called the first number. No answer. Great! Finally my brain started working and I decided to start driving home, and at least get him some water. I called the second number as I was about to start driving home and luckily the lady answered.
He lived about 3 blocks away so I was able to drive him there safely and return him to his owner. The lady was so grateful & I am so grateful that nothing happened to him. That is my worst nightmare; that one of our dogs will get out of our yard and be on a busy street. (that's why our gates of locks on them ;)
It felt good to do good.




No comments:
Post a Comment